Dec 26: The CB Special Court has acquitted all accused in the 2G scam with Congress and its allies have celebrated the verdict while the BJP has said the final outcome of the case isn’t out yet Supreme Court had detected irregularities in the tendering process and cancelled it.
Despite the Court judgements we are from getting a clear picture what happened with the 2G Spectrum Allocation.
Here are 7 things that the nation wants to know with regard to 2G Spectrum.
1) Has the government taken seriously the finding of Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) about the notional Rs 1.75 lakh crore loss on spectrum allocation and if so what measures have been taken to avoid procedural lapse?
2) Was there a conspiracy behind the 2G scam that negatively impacted the prospects of the UPA in the general elections in 2014?
3) Why was tendering process not done in the allocation of spectrum?
4) Is the government liable to pay damages to telecom companies for cancellation of bids?
5) Has the 2G spectrum allocation and subsequently for 3G, 4 G caused a huge debt burden on telecom companies?
6) Does the government feel that investigation agencies had failed to find evidence regarding the involvement of the minister and officials?
7) Has there been an internal evaluation by Telecom Department and Telecom Regulatory Authority regarding spectrum allocation process?