The scope of sustainable, green housing has expanded in recent years to go beyond solar panels, mud houses or other eco-friendly materials aluminium or steel. It now covers the entire space within a home including floors, electrical gadgets, sanitary and heating appliances and products.
Mr Harjit D Bubber has been chosen to head the mega real estate project of CCI Projects Pvt Ltd at Borivali spread over 22 acres named Rivali Park-CCI project. He takes the new leadership after proving his credentials in running his family business by constructing new factories for steel, textile and yarn business. He shares his thoughts on the new trends in green housing.
There was an era when developers and builders had no option than only choosing between resources like straw, mud, timber and stone to build a green home that consumed precious energy. Thanks to the industrial boost, there has been massive progresses in sustainable technologies being used in housing. This implies that novel homes are being constructed without causing any disadvantage to the earth they sit on.
The moment you picturize an environment-friendly home, do you only envisage solar panels, high-efficiency washing machines and a gamut of other earth-friendly devices? Green technologies used in homes by real estate developers today are not just limited to these eco-friendly tools, there is definitely much more that can be incorporated in homes to support green living. Fortunately, there are a gamut of technological options bringing one closer to creating an energy-efficient home.
Below mentioned are the various technologies that go into green housing:
- Sustainable Floors:Real estate developers have understood the importance of making use of bamboo for floorings in homes. Composed from a fast-growing renewable plant that is bacteria-free, natural, resistant to water and is exceptionally tough, bamboo is the best choice for green flooring. These days’ developers are replacing wood floorings with rubber flooring and polished concrete floorings which are 100 percent renewable resources.
- Smart power strips and power adapters:Most electric gadgets will sluggishly graze on power while doing totally nothing, thus consuming a lot of energy. A smart power strip is definitely a blessing in the segment of green homes because they have been designed to feed the devices with electricity, only when needed. Instead of entering a standby mode, the use of a smart electricity strip will shut the machine down after a certain amount of time till it is required again. Installation of power adapters at home will help to considerably cut down electricity bills. These green tools lend great solutions to offer gadgets the precise amount of power they require and turn off after the need has been met.
- Sustainable Heating:Apart from solar panels, there are other alternatives to conserve funds and environment while heating your home. By using a geo-thermal heat pump, one can considerably reduce the cost for a long duration, thus helping to safeguard the planet. This technologically advanced device is much noiseless than the conventional one.
- Composting toilets: Unlike the west, Indian real estate industry is gradually cottoning on to the idea that human wastage should not be wasted. Instead of flushing valuable resources away, these toilets aid in efficiently treating human excrement through organic processes. This process helps to turn it into biological compost material that can be utilized for soil fertilization. Your conventional toilet makes use of more water, instead swap to green flushing to cut down on your water usage. Incorporating dual low-flush toilet will allow to choose the amount of water being used every time you flush, thus conserving energy and dropping down your water bill.
- Home-Automation Lighting: Conventional lightings today have been replaced with energy-efficient LED lighting that help to cut down on energy utilization and costs. Now potential developers are taking this trend further by installing lighting systems that get connected through hardware’s that can be controlled through smartphone apps.
Our country desperately needs to protect its resources, hence green housing is unquestionably the only alternative that will facilitate in ensuring an enhanced future for our planet. It is stirring to witness how real estate developers and builders are scouting for innovative cutting-edge technologies and methods to aid in meeting the sustainable needs of our planet.